The role shall provide guidance and facilitate various Taxation related matters. This position is expected to proactively identify possible tax risks including other compliance.
- Support Vena Energy and its entities on all tax and statutory planning, reporting, and compliance by being the responsible and accountable person to lead and handle tax compliance review, tax reporting assistance, tax incentives research and other ad hoc tax requirements.
- Assist in accounting related matters to ensure tax compliance such as but not limited to Maintaining Tax Policies; assist in updating Accounting Policies; assist in Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements and Statutory Consolidation;
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly tax returns and other statutory reporting matters;
- Review possible tax exposures Vena Energy and all its entities;
- Coordinate with various legal experts and tax consultants on various complex areas of tax;
- Interpret and review existing and new tax regulations and to provide appropriate guidance to effectively implement Philippine Tax Law;
- Prepare documentations and assist in Tax Assessments and Tax Refund;
- Tax Planning to maximize possible tax incentives and minimize tax exposure;
- Assist in Year-end audit requirements including coordinating with external and internal auditors as well as various regulatory bodies in the Philippines (e.g. BIR, SEC, PEZA, etc.);
- Maintain Tax and Accounting Policies in conformity with applicable reporting standards and tax regulations;
- Act as representative director on the board of Vena Energy and affiliate companies in the Philippines.
- Must be Certified Public Accountant, MBA a plus but not required
- At least 10 years’ experience in International Tax Reporting and Statutory Compliance
- Strong technical background in GAAP/Statutory Accounting for Tax Reporting
- Preferably with controller-ship experience in a managerial role
- Power sector experience/background a plus
- CPA or legal professional will be an advantage
- Proficient in English and excellent verbal and written communication skills