Headquartered in Singapore, Vena Energy is one of the leading pure renewable energy
Independent Power Producers (IPP) which develops, constructs, owns and operates solar photovoltaic (PV) power generation, wind power generation and energy storage projects in the Asia-Pacific region. Vena Energy is present in nine jurisdictions, with eighteen offices across Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. Established in 2012, Vena Energy’s asset base has since rapidly grown into one of the largest and most geographically diversified portfolios across Asia-Pacific.
Environmental Impact Metrics in 2019
Equivalent Cars Removed
- In 2019 the actual energy generation arising from operational assets was 2.6 TWh, whereas the estimated energy generation arising from construction & shovel-ready assets was 1.4 TWh
- Households Powered is based on annual household electricity consumption of each operating country derived from Residential Electricity Consumption data obtained from the International Energy Agency (2017), and the number of households data from the United Nations and Taiwan Statistical Bureau (2019)
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Reduction is based on thermal plant generation and emissions obtained from Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
- Water Saved is based on water usage factors of solar, wind and coal-based power plants obtained from National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- Equivalent Cars Removed from the Road is based on annual GHG emissions of passenger vehicles obtained from the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Equivalent Trees Planted is based on the amount of GHG sequestered by a medium growth coniferous or deciduous tree, planted in an urban setting and allowed to grow for 10 years, data obtained from the United States Environmental Protection Agency website.