Headquartered in Singapore, Vena Energy is a leading renewable energy company in the Asia-Pacific region that owns, develops, constructs, operates, manages and commercialises a renewable energy portfolio totalling 16 GW(1) of solar, onshore wind,offshore wind, battery storage and hybrid renewable energy projects. Vena Energy has a fully integrated business model and an extensive local presence throughout the region with 48 corporate and site offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand. Vena Energy is committed to engaging with local communities throughout the lifecycle of its portfolio projects, as well as incorporating internationally recognized Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) standards into its strategy and business practices.
Sustainability is at the heart of all that we do at Vena Energy. Inspired by our Latin namesake, Vena Energy aims to become the vessel that accelerates the transition to renewable energy in the Asia-Pacific region. We are committed to generating solar energy and wind energy that empowers and enriches local economies and communities.
VENA ENERGY BY THE NUMBERS
Environmental Impact Metrics in 2019
Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions in Tonnes4
Equivalent Cars Removed
from the Road6
- MWs indicate Gross Capacity of all Operational, Construction and Shovel Ready assets as of Dec 2020.
- In 2020 the actual energy generation arising from operational assets was 2.8 TWh, whereas the estimated energy generation arising from construction & shovel-ready assets was 2.8 TWh.
- Households Powered is based on annual household electricity consumption of each operating country derived from Residential Electricity Consumption data obtained from the International Energy Agency (2018) and number of households data derived from population data from United Nations (2019) and household size data taken from United Nations (2019) and Directorate-General of Budget, Accounting, and Statistics, Taiwan (2019).
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Reduction is calculated assuming that the generation from renewable energy plants replaces an equal quantity of electricity generated using coal, gas and oil. Unique GHG emissions factors were calculated for each country based on respective country energy mix and emissions data obtained from BloombergNEF (2019).
- Water Saved is calculated based on the water consumption of solar and wind power plants compared against the various sources of power generation in each country where Vena Energy operates in. Unique water savings factors were calculated for each country based on respective country energy mix obtained from BloombergNEF (2019) and water use intensity factors from a paper titled “Water Demand Scenarios for Electricity Generation at the Global and Regional Levels” by Terrapon-Pfaff, et al., (2020).
- Equivalent Cars Removed from the Road is based on annual GHG emissions of passenger vehicles obtained from the United States Environmental Protection Agency, last updated: Dec 19, 2019.
- Equivalent Trees Planted is based on the amount of GHG sequestered by a medium growth coniferous or deciduous tree, planted in an urban setting and allowed to grow for 10 years, data obtained from the United States Environmental Protection Agency website, last updated: Dec 19, 2019