Sustainability is at the heart of all that we do at Vena Energy. Inspired by our Latin namesake, Vena Energy aims to become the vessel that accelerates the transition to renewable energy in the Asia-Pacific region. We are committed to generating solar energy and wind energy that empowers and enriches local economies and communities.
VENA ENERGY BY THE NUMBERS
GROUP SUSTAINABILITY STATISTICS2
As of Q4 2019
Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions in Tonnes4
from the Road5
- Includes assets in operation, construction, and shovel-ready (OCSR) stages, and assets in various stages of development.
- Derived from assets currently in operation only.
- Calculation based on the total annual electricity consumption per household assumptions, derived from the United Nations household index and the CIA World Factbook. Based on electricity generated per the average greenhouse gas emissions assumption by country, derived from the Department of Energy (Philippines), Central Electricity Authority of India, Climatetransparency.org, Asia Development Bank (ADB), Bureau of Energy (Taiwan), and Department of Energy and Environment Australia.
- Calculated based on the comparison against conventional coal power generation (National Renewable Energy Laboratory USA).
- Calculations for “Passenger vehicles per year” and “Number of urban tree seedlings grown for 10 years” based on US EPA website.